Dating apps are all over and gaining popularity quickly. It is a beautiful period of time where we can meet potential love interests through the swipe of a finger on our phone! Now here you are, using a stoner dating app, nonetheless! With that being said, with the new twist on dating that dating apps have brought, it is also important to prioritize the safety of our community. To help you carry a sense of security into your in-person dates and create a safer dating-app experience, we’ve compiled a list of seven helpful safety tips for meeting your special someone for the first time:
- Take the time for a pre-screen. Schedule a FaceTime or phone call before the in-person date to test the chemistry. Additionally, it helps ease any anxiety you may have before meeting.
- Meet in a public place. Always!
- Tell somebody close to you where you plan to have your date. It is 2022, so you can even share your location if you have an iPhone.
- Do your due diligence. Ask for their social media so you can get to know them in another, more personalized way and build an additional layer of trust.
- Don’t give out too much private/personal information about yourself. It’s wise to keep a few details, such as your address or specific place of work, to yourself during a first meeting.
- Watch your surroundings and be aware of any unusual social cues. If you feel inclined to leave, there is absolutely nothing wrong with trusting your gut and intuition- just be sure to remain kind and compassionate. If anything feels like it is getting out of your comfort zone, thank them for their time and move on with your day/night.
- Is there such a thing as getting too high before a date? Let’s not find out— We recommend trying to limit how much you smoke before your date. We all love cannabis and looking for the ultimate stoner buddy; that is why we picked Higher Love. But be careful; you want to be able to be present with your stoner crush. If all goes well, maybe there is a joint waiting for you at the end of the night. 😉
There you have it, seven ways to have a worry free first date! We wish you the best of luck on your journey towards finding higher love! Don’t be afraid to share your story with us, we love hearing from you!