Effective Date: February 14, 2023
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account, request on-demand services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, location, birthday, description of you, your body type, your hair color, your race, your profile picture, public photos of you, payment method, and other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Services
When you use our Services, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
- Location information: When you use the Services, we collect your location data to determine your distance from other users and match you with other users through GPS, Wi-Fi, and /or cellular technology in your mobile device.
- Contacts information: If you permit the Services to access the address book on your device through the permission system used by your mobile platform, we may access and store names and contact information from your address book to facilitate social interactions through our services and for other purposes described in this Policy or at the time of consent or collection.
- Transaction information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services.
- Device information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Log information: When you interact with the Services, we may collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
- Profile Photos/Video: Photos/videos on your profile are voluntarily added by user, and enable the identification of the user. The user may provide a photo(s)/video(s) of their face in which they are clearly recognizable. User may add or delete photos/videos at any time.
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent, and these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform may alert you the first time our Services want permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that our Services seek before you first use the Services, and your use of the Services constitutes your consent.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. for example:
- If you link, create, or log in to your Higher Love account with a payment provider (e.g., Google Wallet), or if you engage with a separate app or website that uses our API (or whose API we use), we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app.
- If you link, create, or log in to your Higher Love account with Facebook or other social media, we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to users, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of Higher Love and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards;
- Personalize and improve the services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
Sharing of Information
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Policy or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
- With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our services that are viewable by the general public; apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate;
- With DocOps LLC’s subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and/or logistics purposes;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- Following an appropriate subpoena, with law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our DocOps LLC terms, policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of DocOps LLC or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
You may correct your account information at any time by contacting us or by logging into your online or in-app account. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if you have a standing credit or debt on your account, or if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our terms, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting your information.
Cookies and Other Web Technologies
DocOps LLC will comply with individuals’ requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law.
We request permission for Higher Love’s collection of location from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. However, this will limit your ability to use certain features of our Services. Additionally, disabling our app’s collection of location from your device will not limit our ability to derive your approximate location from your IP address.
We may also seek permission for Higher Love’s collection and syncing of contact information from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, iOS users can later disable it by changing the contacts settings on your mobile device. The android platform does not provide such a setting.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
Your California Privacy Rights
For those users in California, be advised that California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. We do not share your personally identifiable information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you provide us with consent to do so.
Changes to Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, or to this Policy, we will provide you notice through the Services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.